Sometimes chocolate is the best form of therapyFibro Food Fairy
Free From Information:
- Dairy free
- Egg free
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Soya free
- Refined sugar free
Molten Chocolate Pudding
Warm sponge and a gooey, molten liquid centre.
- Wet ingredients:
- 125mL dairy free coconut drinking milk
- ¼ teaspoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons apple purée
- 60g coconut oil, melted (plus extra for greasing)
- Dry ingredients:
- 115g rice flour
- 100g unrefined golden caster sugar
- 1½ teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 heaped tablespoons of cacao or good quality cocoa powder
- 80g organic dark vegan chocolate (soya free), chopped into squares.
- Serve with a dusting of cocoa, fresh berries &/or dairy free ice cream.
Preheat oven 180° C fan. Grease four ramekins with coconut oil. Make sure they are well greased, this will allow you to tip the puddings out once cooked. Place in the fridge until needed.
Place the wet ingredients into a small mixing bowl, whisk to combine. Sift the dry ingredients into another larger bowl and mix well to combine.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well until just combined.
Remove the ramekins from the fridge. Fill each ramekin with the pudding mixture until half full. Divide the chocolate squares (approx 4 squares) amongst each of the puddings. Add a pinch of salt if desired. Top with the rest of the pudding mixture and level with the back of a teaspoon.
Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes. You need to use your instincts a little as if you take the puddings out of the oven too early, they will collapse when you tip them out of the ramekins. See FIBRO FOOD FAIRY TIPS.
Once you are happy that they are cooked, carefully loosen round the edges with a knife, turn them out onto a plate and dust with cocoa powder. Serve with a berry compote and dairy free ice cream.
FIBRO FOOD FAIRY TIP: The puddings are cooked when the sponge shrinks slightly from the edge of the ramekins.