Harissa paste originates from Tunisia combining chilli with garlic, tomatoes and spices. It is such a diverse ingredient and incredibly simple to make. Once you have tasted it you won’t be able to resist including it in so many recipes. Perfect as a marinade for meat and fish or used to make a spicy ketchup when combined with vegan mayo.Fibro Food Fairy
Free From Information:
• Dairy free
• Egg free
• Gluten free
• Nut free
• Soya free
• Refined sugar free
Spicy Tunisian paste made with chilli, garlic, tomatoes and spices
- 2 teaspoons ground caraway seeds
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of sweet smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic purée
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons organic olive oil
Toast the caraway seeds in a dry non-stick frying pan until fragrant.
Grind the caraway seeds to a powder in a spice grinder or using a pestle and mortar.
Add to a mini food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.