The secret ingredient is pomegranate molasses that gives the dish a deep, savoury tasteFibro Food Fairy
It’s not impossible now days to find good quality, free from baked beans in the supermarket and so don’t feel bad if that’s all you can manage. However, in terms of taste these GREAT beans are taken to the next level. The secret ingredient is pomegranate molasses that gives the dish a deep, savoury taste. The toast, made with gluten free bread whilst lovely and crunchy around the outside softens in the middle soaking up the rich tomato sauce. A simple lunch, that you’ll look forward to.
Free From Information:
- Dairy free
- Egg free
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Soya free
- Refined sugar free
Great Beans on Toast
A lunchtime classic taken to the next level
- 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- x2 400g tin of your favourite beans, I have used black beans and cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (vegan option)
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large slices of gluten free sourdough bread, toasted
- Garnish with fresh herbs of your choice (optional) and a drizzle of olive oil.
Add the garlic purée and drained beans to a non-stick saucepan and heat gently on a low to medium heat for a minute or so. Stir to coat the beans thoroughly with the purée.
Add the chopped tomatoes, honey or maple syrup, tomato purée, pomegranate molasses and smoked paprika. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Bring up to a simmer and let it bubble away uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and reduced down, stirring from time to time.
Check the seasoning again and adjust if necessary. Serve on warm toasted gluten free sourdough, a drizzle of olive oil and fresh herbs of your choice.